Amy McLean
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things TV, movies and more!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Doctor who anniversary

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
charlottemilyx

charlottemilyx

Doctor who anniversary Empty
PostSubject: Doctor who anniversary   Doctor who anniversary EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:59 am

2013, November 23rd at 7pm
on that date ^ apparently doctor who is gonna have a movie to celebrate the 50th anniversary (:
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/lottiexo_
McLeanAmy
Admin
McLeanAmy

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who anniversary   Doctor who anniversary EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:53 am

So long away...at the rate they're going it won't be too good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mcleanamy.co.uk
charlottemilyx

charlottemilyx

PostSubject: doctor who   Doctor who anniversary EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:55 am

McLeanAmy wrote:
So long away...at the rate they're going it won't be too good!
I know they need to sort themselves out, also torchwood havnt even got a uk air date yet Sad
but im looking forward to the 50th anniversary anyway i just thought i would mention it on here to see what people thought about it
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/lottiexo_
Colt Sigma 79

Colt Sigma 79

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who anniversary   Doctor who anniversary EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:05 pm

It's traditonal to have a multi Doctor story for the shows birthday.

In 1973, we had The Three Doctors, and in 1983, The Five Doctors. In 1989, the show was cancelled & dispite this, a "straight to video" special was planned for the 30th anniversary called "The Dark Dimension" starring McCoy, Colin Baker, Davison, Pertwee & Tom Baker - who it's reported got a bigger share of the script than the incumbent Doctor at the time (McCoy) this lead to all sorts of bust ups, so the project was canned - to make up for it a Children In Need special was made on the set of Eastenders - check it out on You Tube, as the rights were signed away in 1993 & it was agreed that the story would never be released on video ( or DVD etc) Search You Tube for "Dimensions In Time".

I'm hoping the 50th anniversary show is special, though I can't see many "old" Doctors coming back, Eccleston has said that he won't do it, Tom Baker will be 79, & the others Don't look much like they did when they played the part - unless we get another "Time Crash" explaination for the aging. Any way, it's a wee while away yet, but it will soon roll around - and GULP! I'll be 50 that year too! affraid
Back to top Go down
ToneLowera

ToneLowera

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who anniversary   Doctor who anniversary EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:16 pm

I would think they'll try to find a different spin on the traditional Multi-Doctor story... I would suggest this time do it with multiple different series companions, but they kinda had a few season finales where a load of them came back in Journey's End and The End Of Time.

I have been wondering for a while with the way they've had irregular scheduling whether there's a possible return to the classic style 4/5/6 part serials on the cards for the anniversary. As long as it's not another highly overamericanized movie like The Enemy Within(aka The TV Movie) with Paul McGann, I think I'll be happy and would hope most of the fans would be too.
Back to top Go down
Sontaran Man

Sontaran Man

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who anniversary   Doctor who anniversary EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:57 pm

They could do a story with some of the previous Doctors.

The First, Second and Third Doctors have all sadly passed away
The Fourth - Tom Baker would have a small role in it.
The Fifth - Peter Davison could return again after Time Crash
The Sixth - Colin Baker could return
The Seventh - Sylvester McCoy said he would definately return
The Eighth - Paul McGann as far as I know does not want to return
The Ninth - Chris Eccleston apparrently wouldn't return
The Tenth - I'd imagine good old David Tennant would return

and they colud get loads of companions also.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WhovianWaterlooRoad?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor who anniversary   Doctor who anniversary Empty

Back to top Go down

Doctor who anniversary
Page 1 of 1