Amy McLean
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things TV, movies and more!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Senna - out now in the UK

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ToneLowera

ToneLowera

Senna - out now in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Senna - out now in the UK   Senna - out now in the UK EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:43 am

went to see this on the first day it had UK cinema release. It's basically a life story/tribute to the late Brazilian racing driver Ayrton Senna who died in 1994 (hopefully that's not too big a spoiler for anyone planning to go see this). I am a motorsports fan so the idea of this film was exciting, and it was actually a quite... intense film, emotionally, going from happy, funny, angering and sad as it progressed, but also a sort of history lesson in a way.

I think it really says something about a movie with such an expected niche audience that I've seen reviews that are positive from people who don't like sports at all, as they enjoyed the real story that happened around the racing and all the bits about Ayrton Senna's personal life and family and even the state of Brazil at the height of his fame/the effect he had on the country.

As a fan of the man when he was still alive, I was probably bound to enjoy this but I do think it was a well-done piece of documentary movie-making and because of the other feedback I've seen mentioned above I do think it has a wider-than-expected appeal and would recommend it to people I never would have thought might enjoy it before seeing those reviews. Smile
Back to top Go down

Senna - out now in the UK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amy McLean :: Movies :: New movies-
Jump to: