Amy McLean
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all things TV, movies and more!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sontaran Man

Sontaran Man

Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) Empty
PostSubject: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:53 am

HELP!!
I really want to get into collecting autographs but I need a little help.

If I wanted an autograph off someone, would I:
- Go to fanmail.biz
- Find the address
- Send them a very kind letter and then request for an autograph from them at the end.

Do I have to send something for them to sign or do they send you a postcard or something??

Any help at all will be very much appreciated!! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WhovianWaterlooRoad?feature=mhee
McLeanAmy
Admin
McLeanAmy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:54 am

They'll send you a signed photo of their own. However if there's something special you'd like signed, send it too Smile

Remember and include an SASE x
Back to top Go down
http://www.mcleanamy.co.uk
Sontaran Man

Sontaran Man

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:11 am

Quote :
SASE

Question Embarassed

Is that a self addressed and stamped envolope?
Back to top Go down
McLeanAmy
Admin
McLeanAmy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:48 am

Sontaran Man wrote:
Quote :
SASE

Question Embarassed

Is that a self addressed and stamped envolope?

Yep! x
Back to top Go down
Sontaran Man

Sontaran Man

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:18 pm

I sent a letter to Jason Done!! How long did it take for him to reply to you Amy? Or do you think the time could vary? scratch What a Face
Back to top Go down
jarroddaniel1

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 1:12 am

Sontaran Man wrote:
I sent a letter to Jason Done!! How long did it take for him to reply to you Amy? Or do you think the time could vary? scratch What a Face

Usually actors take up to 2-3 Months to Reply. It depends on how busy they are. I know my Karen Gillan and David Tennant ones took 2-3 Months Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigbrother247.co.uk
McLeanAmy
Admin
McLeanAmy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 2:50 am

Sontaran Man wrote:

Couple of weeks? Indeed it does depend on their work and play schedules at the time though. Some people take four days, some take four years!
Back to top Go down
gibbsandabbyfan

gibbsandabbyfan

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:46 am

Some actors don't send their own stuff though, and some actors don't have stuff to send back, the big tv shows and films probably will, but I would still send something of your own to be on the safe side just incase they didn't have any. If you send off your own stuff they may send you their own stuff back as well. It also depends weather you send it to a nice actor or one who isn't so nice.
Back to top Go down
McLeanAmy
Admin
McLeanAmy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 8:44 pm

gibbsandabbyfan wrote:
Some actors don't send their own stuff though, and some actors don't have stuff to send back, the big tv shows and films probably will, but I would still send something of your own to be on the safe side just incase they didn't have any. If you send off your own stuff they may send you their own stuff back as well. It also depends weather you send it to a nice actor or one who isn't so nice.

No need. I've about 500 autographs, and only ONE didnt have anything (Louis Walsh wrote on an envelope, which I believe was because he answered the letter during the XF show).

They'll have something. If they don't, they'll find something.
Back to top Go down
gibbsandabbyfan

gibbsandabbyfan

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:28 am

McLeanAmy wrote:
gibbsandabbyfan wrote:

No need. I've about 500 autographs, and only ONE didnt have anything (Louis Walsh wrote on an envelope, which I believe was because he answered the letter during the XF show).

I'm thinking about america aren't I?
Back to top Go down
McLeanAmy
Admin
McLeanAmy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:44 pm

gibbsandabbyfan wrote:
McLeanAmy wrote:
gibbsandabbyfan wrote:

Americans have them too. Big names send out pre-prints, or their agents do! However smaller names have their own/
Back to top Go down
gibbsandabbyfan

gibbsandabbyfan

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:52 pm

McLeanAmy wrote:
gibbsandabbyfan wrote:
McLeanAmy wrote:
gibbsandabbyfan wrote:

Americans have them too. Big names send out pre-prints, or their agents do! However smaller names have their own/
Thanks. This is going to sound really stupid, but what is a pre print?
Back to top Go down
McLeanAmy
Admin
McLeanAmy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 4:47 am

gibbsandabbyfan wrote:
McLeanAmy wrote:
gibbsandabbyfan wrote:
McLeanAmy wrote:
gibbsandabbyfan wrote:

Basically, it's a photograph that they've autographed once, and then it's been photocopied and sent out. If you've seen my autograph collection, some of my pre prints include the Olsens, Drew Barrymore, Emma Watson, Yvette Fielding Sad (I think Yvette's is, it's hard to tell), all the FRIENDS ones, and that Sabrina one i have of all the series 2-3 cast.
Back to top Go down
gibbsandabbyfan

gibbsandabbyfan

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:31 pm

McLeanAmy wrote:
gibbsandabbyfan wrote:
McLeanAmy wrote:
gibbsandabbyfan wrote:
McLeanAmy wrote:
gibbsandabbyfan wrote:

Basically, it's a photograph that they've autographed once, and then it's been photocopied and sent out. If you've seen my autograph collection, some of my pre prints include the Olsens, Drew Barrymore, Emma Watson, Yvette Fielding Sad (I think Yvette's is, it's hard to tell), all the FRIENDS ones, and that Sabrina one i have of all the series 2-3 cast.
ah right, thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)   Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie Autograph Collector (Help Me Please!!)
Page 1 of 1